This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Scientific Name: Elymus trachycaulus
- Ranges in height from 2 to 2-1/2 feet.
- It is a relatively short-lived (3 to 4 years), cool season perennial
- Recommended for inclusion in reclamation mixes because of its good seedling vigor and establishment qualities.
- Is a widely distributed species and can be found growing at elevations from 4,500 to 12,000 feet.
- Grows on moist to dry sites and has moderate to good tolerance of alkaline conditions (pH = 8.8)
- May succumb to drought since it sometimes matures late in the season.
- Does not tolerate excessive soil moisture.
- Shade tolerant
- Seedling vigor is excellent during the first year of growth.
- A fast growing grass which can establish quickly on critical sites.
Drilled -> 6 lbs (PLS)/acre
Broadcast -> 8-12 lbs (PLS)/acre