Canada Milk Vetch is a native legume that is excellent for erosion control. Plants can be large and robust when established. Canada Milk vetch is longevitity is typically 3-4 years under good maitenance. This can be mowed and is palatable to wildlife.
- Scientific name: Astragalus canadensis
- Planting should be done early May. If frost seeding, late October
- Planting Depth: 1/2″-3/4″
- Color: Greenish White
- Bloom Period: Fall
- Height: 12″-40″
- Type: Perennial
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Moisture: Wet mesic, dry mesic
- Approximately 270,000 seeds/lb
- Approximately 17,000 seeds/oz
1 oz covers 2-3,000 sq. ft.