This seed is sold as pure live seed (PLS). Pure live seed is the percentage of pure and viable seed in a given lot.
- Can be used in mixtures in erosion control situations.
- Grows to be 6 to 24 inches.
- Used as a low maintenance turf planting. Also used in surface mine re-vegetation plantings.
- A major warm season grass and can be used in mixtures with cool season grasses.
- Should be planted between 1/4 – 1/2 inches deep.
- Most effective when grown in the dryer parts of northern and southern great plains and southwestern regions of the USA.
- Grown primarily with buffalograss, needle-and-thread, western wheatgrass, and green needlegrass in short grass prairie setting.
- Demonstrates good drought, fair salinity and moderate alkalinity tolerance.
- Longevity: Perennial.
Broadcast at 2-6 lbs/acre (PLS)
Drilled at 1-3 lbs/acre (PLS)